It is quick and easy to switch from your current bank account to a new account with Citizens State Bank - Midwest. Everything you need is provided right here in our switch kit:
Simply Download, fill in data, print and deliver to our friendly staff!
Your Switch Kit Includes:
> switch kit checklist
> new account application form
> direct deposit transfer letter
> automatic payment transfer letter
> automatic payment and deposit checklists
> account closure request letter
STEP 1 Get Organized
• Open a Citizens State Bank–Midwest account.
• Review your last few statements and identify all automatic payments and automatic deposits.
Note: Keep in mind that not all your previously established automatic payments may occur on a monthly basis. For example, insurance payments, some utilities, and federal and state tax returns/payments can occur on irregular intervals such as bi-monthly, quarterly, or even an annual basis.
STEP 2 Move Your Direct Deposit & Automatic Payments
• Prepare to move your direct deposit by completing the Direct Deposit Transfer Letter.
Note: You may be asked to fill out an additional form by the company making the direct deposit.
• Set up new automatic payments. You can use the Automatic Payment Transfer Letter, or consider Citizens State Bank–Midwest Online Banking with free bill pay as an alternative that gives you more control over your money. If you are setting up more than one automatic payment, print or make additional copies of the Automatic Payment Transfer Letter for each automatic payment. Note: You may be asked to fill out an additional form by the company making the automatic payment.
STEP 3 Close Your Old Account
• Confirm all checks have cleared and all automatic payments have been transferred to your new account. Leave sufficient funds in your former account to cover any outstanding checks or pending automatic payments.
• Complete the Account Closure Request Letter and send it to your former financial institution. Some financial institutions may require you to fill out additional forms. If your account is an interest-bearing account, request to have your accrued interest paid prior to closing.
• Destroy any unused checks, ATM/debit and credit cards, and deposit slips associated with your former accounts.
• Start using your new Citizens State Bank–Midwest account exclusively.
• Remember to keep a copy of all documents, letters and forms for your personal records.
STEP 4 Transfer Other Accounts
• Consider making your financial life less complicated by transferring other accounts to Citizens State Bank Midwest. We offer a complete line of banking products including mortgage services. With all of your funds in one place, your banking will be easier. Our banking team will be better able to help you manage your finances and find ways to make your money work harder for you.
• Call or visit one of our branches, and we will be happy to assist you.
We're here to help make the switch easy!